Sunday 29 July 2012

Future Blog posts

I am determined that this blog needs to be regularly updated. Partly, because it forces me to reflect back on my own teaching practice. Partly, because it may, hopefully, generate discussion amongst interested parties in a way that can be mutually beneficial. Feel free to comment, of course, but lets maintain common courtesy and dignity.:)

Anyway, with this in mind I'm thinking about covering the following topics over the next few weeks.

  1. Why I teach RE and Philosophy. In part this will consider how I, as a theist, can teach what should be a non-confessionary, non-conversion orientated academic subject. In part it will cover why the subjects matter as academic subjects and in part it's just why I find it interesting.
  2. Digital Evolution and teaching. This is, hopefully, going to be the focus of my MA dissertation next year. Even if I can't swing that it is something that fascinates me. It is also what should be a crucial part of the British agenda for the future. See David Puttnam's article here.
  3. The RE-silience agenda.
  4. Spiritual, moral, social and cultural developmental agenda.

This is not an exhaustive list. I'm just trying to shape my own blogging agenda. Any thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment